Legal Terms for Use of Site
- QLT will use reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information in this Site, but makes no representations, warranties, or assurance as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information provided. QLT shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from your access to, or inability to access, this Site, or from your reliance on any information provided at this Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
QLT also assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site. QLT shall not under any circumstances be liable to any person for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages resulting from use of or reliance on the information presented, loss of profits or revenues or costs of replacement goods even if informed in advance of the possibility of such damages.
- Any communication or material you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by QLT for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, QLT will be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information.
- Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, QLT. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you is prohibited. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- QLT has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- The sender of any communications to this Site or otherwise to QLT shall be responsible for the content and information contained therein, including its truthfulness and accuracy.
Effective June 30, 2011
WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Browsing the Web Site
We keep track of the actions you take on the web site, such as using our interactive services or viewing different pages, and we collect broad statistical data based on aggregate use of our web site by our visitors. We do not use this data by itself to identify you personally, although we may link it to personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide to us. We do not collect personally identifiable information from web visitors who do not volunteer to provide such information to us.
Voluntarily Submitting Personally Identifiable information
We may ask you for personally idenfiable information, including health or career-related information, when you apply for access to certain special features or areas of our web site, submit your personal information and resume online in response to our job postings, use interactive services such as health questionnaires, request investor information, or communicate with us by email or otherwise regarding your experience concerning Visudyne® or our other products or information concerning any of our clinical trials. Personally identifiable information may include, but may not be limited to, your name, address, phone numbers, email address, resume information, and concerns or questions regarding Visudyne or our other products. Where we collect personal information through online forms, we will notify you of which fields are mandatory for the particular service or functionality you are requesting and which fields are optional. If you choose to provide information that is optional, we may use and disclose such information as described in this policy.
If you are reporting a product experience, we may ask you for specific facts, including patient initials, age, and gender, and the prescribing physician. Federal regulations require us to collect patient-identifiable information in order to file reports regarding the safety of our products with Health Canada, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and equivalent regulatory agencies in other countries.
How to Access and Update Your Information
Upon written request from you, we will inform you and about your personally identifiable information we have in our possession and contral, and weill give you reasonable access to that information. You may contact QLT or write to us at the address below and request at any time to review, amend or delete (in accordance with our deletion policy described below) your personal information collected by us, and request that we stop collecting personal information from you in the future.
887 Great Northern Way, Suite 101
Vancouver, British Columbia
Canada V5T 4T5
The information that you provide to us is stored in servers taht are operated and maintained by QLT and/or our affiliated companies and with third parties under contract with us. Web site users should be aware that is is not technologically possible to remove from our servers each every record of the information you have provided to us. Upon receiving your request, we will take commercially reasonable steps to delete all personally identifiable information, including health-related personally identifiable information, stored in the databases we actively use, or that are stored in other readily searchable media. However, the need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of information about you or personally identifiable or health-related information may exist on back-up tapes or in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. We will use commercially reasonable efforts not to disclose any personally identifiable information, including health-related information, stored on back-up tapes or in a non-erasable format after receiving yoru request for removal, except as required by law or regulation.
Because of regulations and reporting requirements of Health Canada, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and equivalent regulatory agencies in other countries, QLT may not comply with a request to amend ore removed information that was provided to us regarding an adverse drug event with respect to Visudyne or one of our other products.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Web Site Interactions
Email and Online Forms
QLT may use and disclose personally identifiable information which you provide to us by email or through online forms for certain purposes and to certain persons as described in this policy (please see the “How We use Information Collected From You” and “Sharing of Your Information” sections below). However, please be aware that email transmissions are vulnerable to unauthorized interception, and that we make no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we can prevent unauthorized interception or access to any emails you send us or emails which we send to you.
QLT will take measures consistent with industry practice that we believe are reasonably appropriate to protect your personal information, including using commercially reasonable encryption practices and physical placement of personally identifiable information behind industry-standard firewalls. Although we take reasonable steps to protect and to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information provided to us, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and we make no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we can prevent unauthorized access to your private information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
Personally Identifiable Information
QLT and its affiliates may use personally identifiable information for the following uses:
- to respond to your requests for investor information, including requests to receive copies of our annual reports, proxy statements, news releases and other publicly available information that we distribute to our shareholders or file with securities regulators;
- to process data about candidates for jobs at QLT or our affiliates and in connection with our evaluation and recruitment of candidates;
- in connection with the products and services we, our affiliates, or other third parties as described below, provide to you or are being studied in our clinical trials (for example, in connection with our interactive tools and questionnaires);
- to enhance the products and services we, our affiliates, or other third parties as described below, provide to you or are being studied in our clinical trials (for example, presenting content and features likely to be of greater interest to you);
- to help us and our affiliates direct our current and future research and marketing efforts on our or our affiliates’ current or future products;
for our and our affiliates’ internal records, tracking and business purposes;
to contact you or have our affiliates contact you to respond to your questions or requests, or to provide you with technical support;
to, or to permit our affiliates to, process enquiries and instructions;
to, or to permit our affiliates to, provide newsletters, special offers and occasional mailings (electronically or by mail) from us or our affiliates; and
- to otherwise facilitate and enhance your use of our or our affiliates’ web sites.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
QLT and its affiliates may use non-personally identifiable information for the following uses:
- to improve our and our affiliates’ products and services;
- to help us and our affiliates direct our current and future research and marketing efforts on our or our affiliates’ current or future products;
- to customize the user experience of our or our affiliates’ web sites;
- to administer, upgrade, and protect our or our affiliates’ web sites, email servers, and other computer systems;
- to analyze trends, track user movement and habits, and gather statistical information for aggregate use;
- to improve our or our affiliates’ web sites, investor information or marketing materials in general; and
- to customize investor, advertising, marketing and marketing communications that may be visible to you on our or our affiliates’ web sites or from the web sites of our marketing partners with links from our site.
Please note that, in addition to the above, we may share both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information with government entities, our affiliates and third parties, as described below in “Sharing of Your Information.”
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
QLT may disclose your personally identifiable information when compelled or requested to do so by law enforcement or government authorities, pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process, or when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable. For example, we share personally identifiable information with Health Canada, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and equivalent regulatory agencies in other countries as required by law or regulation. If we share information in those situations, unless we believe that the information is already required to be treated confidentially by the government agency receiving the information, to the extent we have the legal right to do so, we will take commercially reasonable or appropriate measures to ensure that the party receiving your personally identifiable information understands the sensitive nature of the personally identifiable information, including health-related information, they may receive.
Third Party Marketing Partners
Third Party Service Providers
QLT reserves the right to use any personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information in connection with a corporate audit, complaint or security threat, or in order to protect or enforce our rights, or the rights of our affiliates, customers and marketing partners. Furthermore, we reserve the right to provide non-personally identifiable information in aggregated form to any third party for any purpose.
In the event QLT undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or a portion of our equity and/or assets, we reserve the right to transfer your information, both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable, to the successor organization in such transaction.
YOUR SHARING OPTIONS
If you elect not to receive newsletters or other promotional communications from us or our marketing partners or you wish to prevent us from sharing your personal information with any marketing partnrs in the future:
- You may opt-out of future marketing communications received from us or our marketing partners by following the steps described in each such marketing communication.
- You may also contact QLT with a request to cease receipt of some or all future marketing communications.
Please note that once we receive your request, it may take up to 10 business days for such opt-out to become effective. If we have shared your personal information with any third parties prior to our receipt of your request, we may not have the ability to prevent such third parties from continuing to use and disclose your personal information, including for the purpose of sending marketing communications to you, and you may need to contact such third parties directly to prevent their further use and disclosure of your personal information.
Also note that if you opt-out of our marketing communications we may still email or communicate with you from time to time if we need to respond to your enquiries, provide you with information or request information from you with respect to a transaction or product report initiated by you, or for other legitimate non-marketing reasons.
Turn Off Cookies
Please note that cookies are required to use certain features of this web site. Therefore, if you turn off cookies, the performance of the web site or our ability to provide you our services may be affected.
Our Policies Concerning Children
This web site is not intended to attract or be used by children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from such children. Children under the age of 13 should not use our web site or our online services at any time. In order to afford children additional protections and to comply with applicable laws, we have instituted additional privacy protections and controls regarding the collection of personally identifiable information from children in accordance with the United States’ Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Specifically, in the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13, we will use reasonable efforts to erase such information from our active records in accordance with the “Deletion Policy” section above and to unsubscribe such children from any promotional contact opportunities. If your child has provided any information or used your credit card on our web site without your permission, please contact QLT immediately.
Because we provide you with the ability to exercise such opt-out rights, we believe that we comply with the California Civil Code Section 1798.83, and we therefore are not obligated to provide the names and addresses of third parties that have received personal information from us for their marketing purposes.
When you provide us with your information you acknowledge that this information may be stored and processed on servers located any where in the world, including either inside or outside of the USA, Canada or the European Economic Area.
UPDATES AND QUESTIONS